Knowledgeable Leaders In
Protecting The Rights Of Workers
Monique has advocated on behalf of employees and consumers in class, collective and representative actions since 2016.
Monique’s personal experience of growing up in a working-class family in the Inland Empire made her keenly aware of the systematic barriers that exist in our communities. It is this developed awareness of social inequalities that influenced her to attend law school. It is also what continues to inspire her to practice law in a compassionate. Monique strives to empower and guide individuals through the maze of the legal system.
Prior to attending law school, Monique worked for United Way, where she connected underprivileged populations with health and human services. During law school, Monique had the honor of clerking for the Honorable Fernando J. Gaitan, Jr. in the United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri, as well as the privilege of co-teaching a Government class at San Diego area high school. Monique also worked at the Veteran’s Legal Assistance Clinic where she represented military veterans with various legal issues in the areas of family, criminal and administrative law. Monique began her legal career advocating for families and children and subsequently transitioned to protecting employers and consumers. Monique currently volunteers her time by providing pro-bono legal services at Casa Cornelia Law Center and Center for Community Solutions.
When Monique is not working or being an active participant in her community, she enjoys taking walks at Balboa Park with her husband and two dogs.
- Failure to Pay Wages
- Harassment and Discrimination
- Retaliation and Wrongful Termination
- Illegal Work Conditions
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 2014
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Certificate in Law and Social Justice
- University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California
- A.B., Bachelor of Arts - 2009
- Major: Psychology and Ethnic Studies
- California, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2018
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2018
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2017
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2016
- Monique R. Rodriguez. “Mexico.” In William H. Byrnes, IV and Robert Munroe, Money Laundering, Asset Forfeiture and Recovery and Compliance – A Global Guide, Lexis Nexus Group, January 2015.
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego
- Enright Inn of Court
- San Diego County Bar Association