Protecting The Rights Of Workers
Vilmarie has been practicing law since 2006 and litigating class actions since 2010.
Vilmarie was born and raised in a small rural town in Puerto Rico. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Puerto Rico where she received her BA in political science.
Vilmarie also graduated magna cum laude from law school at the University of Puerto Rico while simultaneously working full time with a San Juan litigation firm. Also, while in law school, Vilmarie worked for a year as a student attorney in the Environmental Law Clinic representing indigent clients and poor communities in cases seeking environmental justice.
Her interest for civil rights litigation brought her to New York City where she worked for two years representing low income Latinos in employment discrimination cases, including discrimination based on sex, race, color and national origin.
Vilmarie moved to San Diego to attend University of San Diego School of Law where she received her Master of Law in Employment and Labor Law. While at law school, she joined GrahamHollis working as a student attorney in several wage and hour class action cases.
Vilmarie continues to specialize in employment discrimination and wage and hour class action cases as a member of GrahamHollis legal team.
In her time away from the office, Vilmarie likes women’s rights, reading, music, movies, the beach and outdoor activities such as running, hiking, traveling, snowboarding and exercising.
"I enjoy connecting with my clients. I believe a good lawyer is sensitive to the client’s particular needs. At GrahamHollis, we listen to what our clients have to say and work hard to provide them the best possible results.”
- Class Actions
- Wage and Hour Class Action
- Employment Discrimination
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- General LL.M. - 05/2009
- Major: Employment and Labor Law
- University of Puerto Rico Law School, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- J.D. - 05/2005
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Student Attorney, Environmental Law Clinic
- University of Puerto Rico
- B.A. - 06/2001
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Recipient: Dean’s List
- Major: Political Science
- California, 2010
- New York, 2008
- Puerto Rico, 2006
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2010
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2010
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Puerto Rico Bar Association, Member
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego