Protecting The Rights Of Workers
Hali Michelle Anderson
Hali Anderson has been litigating wage and hour class actions as well as single plaintiff employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation cases since 2008.
After 10 years of representing employers, Hali has finally found her home representing workers at GrahamHollis. Hali uses her insider knowledge to predict and shut down employer delay and defense tactics.
Hali is originally from Wilmington, Delaware and moved to Washington D.C. to attend American University Where she obtained her Bachelor's degree in Sociology with a minor in Special Education. She then moved to Philadelphia to help recipients of federal assistance find employment.
Always knowing that she was a California girl at heart, Hali moved to San Diego to attend the University of San Diego School of Law in 2005. She graduated Order of the Barristers at the top of her class, representing USD Law on its mock trial team for 3 years.
During law school, Hali interned at the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and externed for the Honorable John A. Houston of the Southern District of California, before joining the employment group at Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton, LLP. Hali spent 9 years at Sheppard Mullin and one year at Wilson Turner Kosmo, LLP, before joining the team at GrahamHollis.
She describes herself as a well-rounded employment litigator with a passion for social justice.
Hali is on the Board of the Earl B. Gilliam Bar Association and is a San Diego LEAD IMPACT graduate, as well as a graduate of the Black Women's Institute of Leadership Development. She is also a Leadership Council on Legal Diversity fellow (Class of 2014).
In her spare time, Hali enjoys spending time with her husband, two children, and the family dog. She enjoys Orangetheory, SparkCycle, and, above all, music, dancing, and karaoke.
- Failure to Pay Wages
- Harassment and Discrimination
- Retaliation and Wrongful Termination
- Illegal Work Conditions
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 2008
- Honors: Order of the Barristers
- Honors: Outstanding Scholar Award Recipient
- Honors: National Mock Trial Team
- Honors: Association of Southern California Defense Counsel Scholarship Recipient
- Honors: Earl B. Gilliam Scholarship Recipient
- American University
- B.A. - 2003
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- Honorable John A. Houston, United States District Judge for the Southern District of California, Extern, 2007
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Intern, 2006
Classes & Seminars
- New Labor & Employment Laws for 2009 - San Diego, Breakfast With Your Labor Lawyer, 02/19/2009
- "Another Court Of Appeal Holds That To "Provide" Meal And Rest Periods Means "Make Available"", October 29, 2008
- Earl B. Gilliam Bar Association, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member