Powerful Legal Advocacy For Employees With Wage Claims
Do you suspect or know your employer wrongfully withheld wages to which you are entitled? If so, legal action may be the only way to get the compensation you are owed. As accomplished attorneys with many successes in wage and hour cases, we at GrahamHollis APC would like to hear your story.
We want to help you, too. Call us at 866-568-4521 or contact us by email so we can assess your situation and explain your options. We represent individual employees and groups of employees throughout California.
What Is Your Situation?
Wage and hour violations are all too common, and there are various types of violations to consider. For example, you may be entitled to significant compensation because:
- Your employer failed to pay at least the minimum wage as required by state law or local ordinance.
- Your employer did not pay you for all time worked. There are many situations where employers require employees to provide services before or after they punch in on the clock or require them to take phone calls or respond to electronic communications while off-the-clock.
- You were not paid for overtime — perhaps because you are misclassified as an independent contractor or an exempt salaried employee, although your duties and schedule show that you should be provided with breaks and be paid overtime as an hourly employee.
- Your boss did not provide you with timely meal breaks that were at least 30-minutes long and completely free of all duties. You are entitled to an hour of pay each day you are not provided with a fully compliant meal break.
- Your boss did not provide you with paid and completely off-duty rest breaks every four hours of work, a major fraction thereof. You are entitled to an hour of pay each day you are not provided with fully compliant rest breaks.
- You are a commissioned or piece rate employee and were not paid for time spent in training or staff meetings.
- Your employer requires you to pay for work expenses such as cellphone use or mileage and requires you to provide your own tools.
If you have endured any of these situations, then you should contact us and we can advise whether you have a case. Our attorneys have recovered more than $200 million for California workers. We want to help you, too.
How We Can Help
Our attorneys are skilled litigators and proven leaders in the field of employment law. Once we know the facts of your case, we may recommend that you:
- Initiate a class action lawsuit (if other employees have been denied pay as you were)
- Bring an individual claim or lawsuit against your employer or former employer
The lawyers at GrahamHollis APC have extensive backgrounds in wage and hour claims, as well as a stellar record of success in the courtroom. We are available to evaluate your wage and hour case and recommend the best path forward.
You can count on our advice to be up to date and our guidance to be customized to your specific situation and your best interests. The goal of your claim should be to recover compensation for you, as well as provide a powerful incentive for your employer to never again commit the same wrong against other employees.
PAGA Actions And Class Actions
We handle legal claims under various bodies of law, including the Private Attorneys General Act, also known as PAGA. More and more employers are asking employees to sign arbitration agreements that bar class actions. However, it is illegal in California to bar all representative actions. If multiple employees have been affected by an employment law violation, we can determine the best path forward: a PAGA representative action, a class action or both.
Put Us On Your Side Today
Our team of attorneys and legal staff would like to welcome you to one of our law offices to talk about your unpaid wage or misclassification case. We represent employees throughout California. Call us at 866-568-4521 or send us an email inquiry to request a consultation today. We can help.